Thursday Musical Performing Membership
At the heart of Thursday Musical’s membership community are the performing members who found the organization to offer classical performance, educational, and teaching opportunities for musicians, music educators and students. Throughout history and time, Thursday Musical has served hundreds of artists who have performed in concert venues all over the Twin Cities and has supported thousands of developing musicians in scholarship and school programs.
Auditions for 2018-2019 Concert Season
Saturday, April 9, 2018
Scheduled between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon
MacPhail Center for Music - Antonello Hall, Minneapolis
Application Deadline: Friday, March 8, 2019 (11:59 pm)
Applications will open October 1, 2018.
Performing Membership Benefits
- Performance opportunities on the Thursday Morning Artist Series, Community Concerts, and Home Programs and teaching opportunities through the educational outreach program Music In Our Schools.
- Print and online media publicity
- Venue coordination with opportunity for rehearsal
- A professional audio recording of performances on the Thursday Morning Artist Series.
- Performance honorarium.
- Member networking.
- A season ticket with admittance to all programs.
- Voting privileges at the Annual Meeting.
- Two Complimentary Tickets to the Thursday Morning Artist Series, a $30 value.
How it Works
Thursday Musical is an artist-centered, volunteer and member-based organization that serves the music community by collectively providing a presenting platform for classical music. The dedicated working board of volunteer members support concert programming and education programs by coordinating and producing musicians in all activities.
Performing membership includes a network of musicians and music educators, creating a “hub” of continued support for fellow musicians through collaborative discourse. The organization supports and provides a continued pursuit of dynamic programming that is flexible and responsive to its membership, offering continued growth.
Auditions determine performing membership status of either Active or Artist.
- Active level members are programmed on the Community Concerts and Home Programs.
- Artist level members are programmed on the Community Concerts, Home Programs, and the Thursday Morning Artist Series.
Founded in 1892 as a volunteer-based organization, it is in the organization’s more recent history to offer an honorarium. Each performing member is offered $50 per performance on the Thursday Morning Artist Series and per performing group on the Home Programs. Community Concerts offer $50 per performing group for a shared program and $100 for a full program.
Performing Membership Dues and Programming
Newly auditioned performing members are given priority of programming on the following concert season’s three concert series and then rotated on an annual basis. The application fee of $25 goes towards the first year's membership at a prorated amount. For membership rates, please click here.
Questions about the online application, contact:
Questions about the audition, contact: